This privacy notice explains how and why Moretons Property Services Limited processes [collects, uses, stores and shares] your information in accordance with our obligations and your rights under the General Data Protection Regulation [“GDPR”].DATA WE COLLECT
In order for us to act as your agent, we may collect from you some or all of the following information:
- Full name and contact details (telephone, email, postal address, fax)
- Passport details to verify your identity and current utility bills to verify your address
- Proof of ownership of the property or legal authority to act for the owner
- Consent from your mortgage provider, where relevant, to enter into a Tenancy Agreement.
- National Insurance Number
- Employment details
- Bank details
- Previous address details
- Forwarding address
We will not ask anyone for any information about you without your permission.WHY DO WE COLLECT IT?
We collect your personal data for one or all of the following reasons:
- It is necessary for the performance of a contract, i.e. your contract with us to act as your agent
- It is necessary to protect our “legitimate interests” in complying with certain legislation referred to in this document
- To draw up tenancy agreements, deeds, renewal documents, termination paperwork
- To arrange property viewings
- To send property details
- To contact you regarding property management queries
- To contact you regarding your tenancy queries
- To provide financial suitability, i.e.: referencing
- To verify your identity
- To verify your residency status
- To register the deposit with a government-backed tenancy deposit scheme
We are obliged by immigration and anti-money laundering legislation to make certain enquiries as to your identity, immigration status and financial situation.
You may at any point object to providing any of this information, but it may affect our willingness or ability to enter into an agreement.WHEN DO WE COLLECT IT?
We will need to collect all of the above information before we are able to act in any way as your agent. WHO DO WE SHARE IT WITH?
We may be sharing your data with one or more other third-party organisations to fulfil our contractual and legal obligations:
HOW DO WE STORE IT?
- Authorised Estate and Letting agents, property managers, landlords, tenants, applicants, guarantors, vendors, purchasers
- Delivery companies
- A government-backed tenancy deposit scheme (TDS, DPS, MyDeposits)
- Third party referencing companies
- Property/Building Management companies
- Your name and current address must be included in any Tenancy Agreement.
- Statutory authorities, and utility providers (to manage and progress tenancy procedures including administration associated with any changes in tenancy; to ensure correct billing)
- Insurers (quotation, cover, to manage and progress claims)
- Insurance Providers, Placing Brokers, Delegated Authority Schemes, Wholesalers and the like (quotation, cover, to manage and progress claims)
- Loss Adjusters (to manage and progress claims)
- Insurance Fraud Bureau (potential policy fraud)
- Loss Assessor (to manage and progress claims)
- Police (Legal obligations)
- National Crime Agency (suspected criminal / fraudulent activity)
- HM Treasury Sanctions (checking clients are not on the banned list)
- Claims Management Company (to manage and progress insurance claims)
- Surveyor (risk survey to analyse, report upon risk, also in the event of an insured loss, the opportunity to survey post-loss)
- Debt Collection Agency (to collect unpaid monies due)
- IT Providers - Hardware, Cloud & Systems Management (to detect issues, secure the system, and test the system. Also, backup of data)
- Third Party Insurers (to manage and progress claims)
- Third Party Assessor (to manage and progress claims)
- Credit Reference Agencies (to obtain credit data, credit scores and ratings, to support applications for tenant references)
- Claims Exchange Underwriting (sharing of previous claims information between insurers)
- Our own Insurers (where we need to provide information about you)
- We may in certain cases share details with our professional advisers [legal and financial]. We will try to do this on an anonymous basis where possible, but it may not always be possible.
- We may share your contact details with authorised maintenance, cleaning and inventory contractors to provide you with as efficient a service as possible. We may also share your full name with authorised maintenance, cleaning and inventory contractors to issue an invoice for service provided.
- We WILL NOT share your information with anyone for marketing purposes.
We are committed to ensuring that all information we hold about you is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have implemented appropriate physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and protect that information.
Other data controller recipients of your personal data are each responsible for implementing appropriate physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and protect that information, and to keep it secure.
Data processor recipients of your personal data have provided sufficient guarantees that they have implemented measures to ensure compliance with the GDPR and to protect your rights.PERSONAL DATA CONCERNING A THIRD PARTY
You should only give us personal data about someone else with their permission. Where you provide us with personal data about someone else, or someone discloses to us personal data about you, it may be added to the personal data we already hold and may be used in the ways described in this Privacy Notice.HOW LONG DO WE KEEP IT?
We will hold your personal data while you are a client and for six years after our last contact with you in order to comply with legislation regarding financial matters and those of civil liability.YOUR RIGHTS
Under the General Data Protection Regulation,
you have a number of rights. In summary, those include rights to:
- Fair processing of information and transparency over how we use your use personal information
- Access to your personal information that we hold
- Require us to correct any mistakes in your information which we hold
- Require the erasure of personal information in certain situations
- Receive a copy of the personal information that you have provided to us
- Object in certain other situations to our continued processing of your personal information
- Otherwise restrict our processing of your personal information in certain circumstances
- Claim compensation for damages caused by our breach of any data protection laws
All Landlords are required to register with Information Commissioner's Office and below you will find the link to do so:https://ico.org.uk/registration/new
Please note that there is an annual fee of £35.00 for the registration and only one person needs to register where the property is held in two names. If your property/properties are held in a company name, that company would need to be registered instead.
More information on your rights is available at www.ico.org.ukHOW TO CONTACT US
If you would like to exercise any of these rights, or if you have any further questions, you may contact us as follows:
By phone: 020 7932 0101
By email: email@example.com
By post: Data Protection, Moretons, 72 Rochester Row, London, SW1P 1JU
Our data controller is Ben Hopkinson
This privacy notice was published on 25 May 2018.
We may change this privacy notice from time to time and when we do we will inform you.
, WEB DESIGN
| COOKIE USAGE POLICYSITEMAP